Written By Sahithi Divi
In these times of extremism, are men able to leverage from the war of gender inequality? Men are being socially subjected to focul standards that forces an embarking imbalance in their self discovery. If a woman is born with pre made choices for her , a man is born with precisely oriented responsibilities for him to deliver. There are ofcourse two sides of gender inequality, but being a firm believer of cross functional ( Men and Women supporting each other ) compatibility benefits, I start off to brainstorm my inferences about the social stigma that is encountered by ‘Men’ in the name of Gender Polarization.
Myths that can affect men
- ‘ Don’t cry like a girl ‘ – Such a mean phrase, that can reduce a person to subjective confusion, not only about his external behaviour but also damages the formation of an internal co existent mind set.
- Man up – Really ? Does it refer to Strength? Bravery? Drive of Sex? or Built? What we repeatedly say, becomes what we believe, which in turn becomes who we are… Let us promote a world free of ‘ Manning up’ for Men.
- Homemaker – The greatest things we say about a homemaker ; will we still say all the greatest things if the homemaker is a Man ?
- Identity Crisis – ‘ Man – Money – Measure ‘ is a deeply engraved carving over a man’s life which means – measure the man with money. Let us create an emotionally insured world for men.
- Emotional competency – Although empathy can be wonderfully exhibited by men yet they are more vulnerable to expression and often hold back from showing a weakness without restraint.
- Perfection – Expectation of perfection parasites over men with compulsory deliverables, leaving no choice but to be left wanting to be more better.
- Men Are From Mars Women Are From Venus – We are all united by the means of humanity, nature and resources. Diversity gives differential learning whereas it does not mean that men and women are opposites by nature.
An old man once said to me , ” It is easier to raise strong children than it is to repair broken men “. ( St. Anthony’s Foundation ) Think about it…
Written By Sahithi Divi ( source : http://www.impactscientist.com )