Written by Sahithi Divi
Gender is independent of an individual’s sex, it is an evolving choice and personal conception of how one wants to live their life. Gender based education is very important at a young age for self discovery. Here we do not discuss the type of genders, instead we first learn to embrace the diversity of gender for a gentle ride for all.
Many of us around us are quietly taking on the burden of making personal choices about appearance, lifestyle, professional path and intimate universe. Gender is how a person chooses to live their life. There is a lot of imbalance in developing societies, the imbalance that shuts down risk taking abilities of a person based on the objectively formed gender biases.
Not only Education and awareness but also a community that embraces the differences between people independent of gender is essential.
What can you do ?
- Promoting an inclusive society for co existence (Not feminism and gender diversity alone)
- Talk to your friends and allow them to share ( Hear to indifferent unharmful personal perspectives with respect)
- Create awareness about gender diversity to normalise your surrounding about it ( Fearlessly speak up to the abnormal reactions)
- Destigmatize the decision making process at least for the immediate person you are dealing with. ( Give your hand to those who need it to cross societal barriers)
- Question the stereotypes about gender stigma around you ( If you feel something is not right, then question)
In the journey of life everyone goes through their own battles, but gender is one fight that we can resolve better together.
Written By Sahithi Divi ( http://www.impactscientist.com )