Written By Sahithi Divi
Gender Equality includes major elements like health, education, economical and also policy making or politics. Instead of harmonising these factors between such high population, we are inducing hierarchy in the social structures. Division of unequal talent on the basis of gender gives only unfulfillment to the country.
- The economy which is growing at the fastest rate is struggling to cross the gender barriers dominated by hierarchial regulations which causes underutilization of women in workforce.
- The desire for a male child may lead to the couple having more and more children which in turn leads to minimal resources allocated to the girl child in that family. Gender roles begin taking shape even before birth. According to the economic survey 2017-18 the long term affect of male child preference has created 21 million unwanted girls in India.
- The physical safety of women is paired with social and cultural norms. In such situations, many of the women step back from doing what they desire. Opportunities and resources are useful only if they can be utilized by women equally.
- Domestic voilence and gender discrimination in the outside world can bring down early conclusion to a women’s direction. By cutting her abilities down to cultural norms, there is very little from her to offer.
- Defining gender roles begins with classifying colors , toys , cartoons role models and sport choices based on gender since the infant stage of the baby. These small things grow into who we become as adults, hence, reflecting on the economic development of the country ultimately.
- The economics of this country lies in the fist of every child- children of all kinds and genders. Every milestone we set for this generation remains till the end of decades. If transformation is not pushed by reminding the existing fundamental rights to all, we are going nowhere.
Did You Know ? The country could add up to $770 billion—more than 18%—to its GDP by 2025, simply by giving equal opportunities to women, according to an April 23 report by the McKinsey Global Institute.
Written By Sahithi Divi ( Source : http://www.impactscientist.com )