Written by Sahithi Divi
Financial management is a life skill. For most of the women, their spending is determined by the male counterparts or at least influenced on their spending behaviours. Absence of financial responsibility at young age leads to unsure horizons while taking major life decisions in personal or professional life.
How far is a young girl considered equal to her male counterpart in terms of building financial management as a foundational skill ?
What could be the reasons ?
- Family and society looks at her as a future care provider. Women are given boundaries to imagine their spending.
- 80% of the consumer spending decisions are made by women still her spending dominantly inclines towards common benefits not personal benefits.
- Identity crisis is induced on unpredictable levels, about social etiquette and appearance classification which destroys the equality factor in childhood.
- Reason for lesser women entrepreneurs is the lack of financial freedom of collateral, loans accessibility, capital investment in addition to the emotional responsibility of family members.
- Migration for work is primarily lead by the male member, this factor begins affecting while making attempts to establish strong career for a women.
- Dependability of spending details are entrusted on men compared to women who are naturally answerable to their spending as a luxury. Won’t this articulating confusion grow up into a less confident women who needs to rework on self empowerment?
Due to factors like no compulsive paternal leave, children are more emotionally attached with the mother. This leads to her taking first impact of the child behaviour and needs ; leading to changes, that take place in interest to more than just herself.
Financial freedom can be achieved by women but when it is unable to function for her individual goals, that’s when we must realise somewhere that less women in leadership roles is a long term affect of how we see motherhood at homes.
Society unknowingly distributes gender roles while growing up. I am sure each one of you reading this will reflect over the gender roles imposed on you objectively. Let us know what you feel ….
Do share our article if you like it, social impact begins with creating awareness.
lET US USE OUR NETWORK AFFECT FOR CREATING A GENDER EQUAL SOCIETY
Written by Sahithi Divi ( source : http://www.impactscientist.com) ( consumer spending stat source : https://www.fortuneindia.com/opinion/the-evolution-of-indian-women-as-consumers/102823 )